Welcome to the website of the
1. Chair Club and Management Committee meetings, oversee agenda and minutes for each.
2. Present Committee recommendations to members for approval.
3. Be familiar with the Constitution and Standing Resolutions and make each available for reference.
4. Provide Committee training if needed to ensure each Member is comfortable in their role.
5. Assist succession planning by encouraging members to volunteer for management roles.
6. Make members welcome, emphasising Probus goals and values and encouraging participation in meetings, outings and activities.
7. Ensure members receive regular information via the website, newsletters and email correspondence.
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
1. Participate as a voting member of the Management Committee (ex-
2. Offer support and advice to the President and Committee or members when asked.
3. Assist succession planning by encouraging members to volunteer for management roles.
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT -
1. Deputise for the President in their absence.
2. Understand the President's role and work closely with the President to prepare to take on the role.
3. Carry out projects or duties requested by the President and Management Committee.
4. Assist Committee members and ensure they are covered during an absence.
5. Organise Club meetings e.g. collect/return keys and sound equipment; open and lock hall; assist Hospitality and Communications set and pack up; make lunch bookings following meetings.
6. Assist the Vice President and Outings Officer organise the Christmas lunch / celebrations.
7. Be responsible for the organisation of BBQ for members following the September general meetings
1. Deputise for the President Elect in their absence.
2. Assist and cover for Committee member in their absence.
3. Carry out other duties as requested by the Management Committee.
4. Assist with Committee responsibilities at meetings
5. Manage front of house at meetings e.g. ensure members are seated promptly; facilitate money collections; manage roving microphone if required. Facilitate the collection of Annual Membership fees at General Meeting, managing microphone if required.
6. Organise the Christmas lunch / celebrations in conjunction with Outings Officer.
7. Assist the Senior Vice President in the organising and running of BBQ for members following our September and January General meetings
8. Liaise with the hospitality Officer
1. Prepare Agenda and Minutes for Committee, General and Annual General Meetings for distribution to Committee Members and members as needed.
2. Collect mail including Active Retirees magazine from the Club’s post box at Concord West Post Office.
3. Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence.
4. Complete the annual return to PSPL by 30April each year and arrange payment of fees in conjunction with the Treasurer.
5. Distribute PSPL correspondence to Committee Members and follow-
6. Keep up-
7. Manage archiving according to Club Archiving Policy
8. Submit the statement of financial affairs to Fair Trading within 30 days of the AGM.
1. Deputise for the Secretary in their absence with full voting rights.
2. Perform other duties if requested by the Secretary or the Committee.
1. Manage Club finances by recording, checking and banking all monies collected.
2. Manage the Club bank account and payments by cheque.
3. Balance Club finances and provide detailed monthly reports to the Management Committee.
4. Move the formal adoption of the summary financial report presented at monthly meetings.
5. Work with Secretary to arrange annual payments required by PSPL.
6. Prepare a budget for the following year in conjunction with the management committee that includes a proposed annual subscription and joining fee.
7. Finalise the annual accounts and arrange for the audit to be done
8. Maintain up to date list of Clubs assets
1. Deputise for the Treasurer in their absence, with full voting rights.
2. Perform other duties requested by the Treasurer or the Committee.
1. Maintain a register database of member details and addresses.
2. Purchase name badges for new members and outing badges if ordered by individuals
3. Have name badges available at each meeting and maintain a record of attendance.
4. Email club correspondence to members eg notice of meetings, agendas, minutes and newsletters using the Club distribution list.
5. Provide Membership information to the Communications Officer before going on leave.
6. Keep member details and statistical analysis for archives.
1. Build an Outings Team to research varied Outings for day trips, dinners, theatre, tours etc.
2. Seek suggestions from Club members for outings of interest to members.
3. Submit Outing proposal to the Committee for approval before promoting to members through newsletters, meetings and the website.
4. Budget to ensure all Outings are cost recovered, liaise with the Treasurer on money collected and payments made.
5. Accept bookings and payments for Outings at Probus meetings.
6. Before an Outing email those attending with details of the leader, the point of contact, start and finish times, any variations to those advertised, transport details etc.
7. Ask an attendee to write a short article for the newsletter together with a few photos.
8. Keep a list of outing details for future reference.
1. Work with the Outings Coordinator and deputise for them in their absence
2. Attend Committee meetings in the Coordinator’s absence as a non-
3. Participate as a member of the Outings Team to research, plan and schedule outing options
4. Manage one area of Outings to be determined in consultation with the Outings Coordinator.
1. Organise, approach and liaise with interesting Speakers for Monthly meetings.
2. Present speaker proposals for Committee recommendation before advertising to members
3. Organise Guest Speaker requirements before meetings eg projector, computer, microphone etc
4. Greet and introduce each Speaker; organise a gift; and approach a Club member to thank and present the gift to the speaker.
5. Accompany the Speaker to lunch (if appropriate) at the Country Club.
6. Maintain register of past and potential speakers and their contact details for future reference
7. Arrange for a member to write a summary of the presentation for the newsletter
8. Liaise with other Probus Clubs on speaker recommendations and contact details when required.
1. Liaise with Interest Group Convenors on attendance, participation, visitor protocols.
2. Maintain attendance data base and records for insurance purposes.
3. Maintain and manage forms and actions for accident/ injury during an outing or group activity.
4. Report on Interest Groups to the Management Committee and to members at Meetings.
5. Monitor attendance and participation rates.
6. Ask members for interests and suggestions on proposed new Interest Groups.
7. Encourage participation, especially by new members and by organising articles and photos in the newsletter that focus on different groups and their activities.
8. Ensure the website is updated to include the name of each interest group, the contact person and the meeting details.
1. Manage the Probus website and CMS input by group convenors
2. Produce a monthly newsletter in conjunction with the newsletter team.
3. Set up and dismantle the projector and microphone for meetings.
4. Liaise with the Guest Speaker Coordinator about Speaker requirements before meetings.
5. Manage the maintenance, care and storage of the Club projector.
6. Facilitate the use of Club projector at group meetings or activities.
7. Manage Committee email accounts
8. Deputise for the Membership Officer in their absence for email distribution to members.
9. Ensure the computer /projector set up/pack up for general meetings
10. Prepare the Annual Report with input from all Committee Members.
CARE & SUPPORT
1. Provide leadership on health and welfare matters to the Care and Support working team.
2. Negotiate specific roles; coordinate meetings and or email contact for the team.
3. Coordinate ‘contact’ between the Committee, team members, the Member and/or family and friends.
4. Work with the Membership Officer and President after a bereavement to send email notice to members and to consult family about the Club providing flowers or donating to a charity the family elects.
5. Maintain and organise personalised Club cards to be sent to members/families in need.
6. Offer suggestions for support which could be provided and would be welcomed by a member.
7. Promote healthy living message to members whenever possible
8. Consider welfare initiatives with the management committee before seeking member support.
Probus Management Team Role descriptions
Use the triangular tabs on either side to scroll back and forth through the roles.